Thursday, May 7, 2009

garage sale & thift finds...

Above:
The Roanoke garage sale finds
I never got around to telling y'all about...
a vintage sleeping bag for 50 cents
a cute baby romper with smocking on the front...
(sorry I can't help myself...)
some shirts...
some skirts...
& overalls...
The vintage quilt bear I got at a Morton
garage sale for 75 cents...
The knit chicken pillow I "upcycled" from a thrifted sweater.
Above:
My Morton garage sale finds...
the needlepoint just needs framed $2...
Beautiful crocheted lace...
about 15 pieces for $1.50
Set of 4 small vintage yellow bowls for 40 cents!
Above:
My Etc. Shop finds today...
The cool canisters have a farm scene on them,
the lid looks like a thatch roof...how cute!
Only the large one has a lid that fits...
there was no price on them when I found them...
so I asked at the counter...
appartently there had been a set of 4 canisters plus salt&pepper!
Someone must have just bought
the S&P and 2 of the canister along lids the don't fit!
What the world?!?!
Oh well...
I got them for $1.50!
1/2 of a vintage tablecloth with butlers and maids on it.
I might make a curtain out of it some day...
What a cutie!
This cool old
"mineral mixture for all livestock and poultry"
bag

~Y~
Much luv!
The Hickory Hill FarmGirl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    I'm out wandering around Blogland tonight, and thought I would stop by your blog. I LOVE the things you found at the garage sales and at the ETC store! That store is one of the coolest places in the world, and I wish it was closer to home for us, and was easier for me to get there on a regular basis. But maybe on the other hand, it's a good thing that it isn't close or I'd be there every day!! Hope you guys had a nice weekend. Ours was busy (and I didn't have time to go to any garage sales at all, which I always hate. I love the spring, summer and early fall because of garage sales!). We went down to Springfield for a family cookout and a trip for the guys to the new Star Trek movie. I would have never believed 40 years ago, when my dad and brother were watching the original show, that Star Trek would still be around 40 years later!!
    Anyway, have a great week!
    Susan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan!
    I LUV the Etc. Shop! I usually get to go there about once a week. Sometimes I wish I lived in Eureka so I could go there everyday! (Although it is a good thing I don't...for my bank account's sake) I'm planning on listing some of the vintage items I find on Etsy since I can't seem to say no to a vintage treasure! i'm going to "up-cycle" some things too...
    You have a great week too, Susan!
    ^_^The Hickory Hill FarmGirl

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Why don't you put your 2 cents in?!?